One of the best and easiest instruments for beginners to learn is the acoustic guitar. As compared to other instruments, the acoustic guitar is much easier to get a grasp on, and anyone can quickly learn some of the chords and start playing the popular songs in no time.
The guitar has also become one of the most popular musical instruments in India recently. It has also become one of the most versatile instruments with which you can play different genres of songs- from pop to classical. It is hard for beginners to choose the right acoustic guitar because they usually have no idea about the instrument. There are so many brands in the market selling different kinds of models, and a beginner can easily get lost in the maze from confusion. One might easily get demotivated and eventually give up.
Fortunately, we have compiled a list of the top ten acoustic guitars in the Indian market for you to pick and choose which one would be the best for you. The reviews would give you a clearer idea about the features of each guitar and which one would be the most comfortable for you.
Top 10 Best Acoustic Guitar Brands in India
Juârez is a must buy if you are a music lover or just a beginner. It has an amazing quality, and the styling, as well as some of the other features, are excellent and impeccable. It is manufactured by one of the most leading brands, and even though it is a basic 38-inch acoustic guitar, its look is very stylish.
The body, neck, back material as well as fingerboard is made of linden wood. This guitar has an effective combination of advanced design and impressive looks and altogether produces excellent quality of sound.
- It is the best quality guitar available in an affordable price range.
- The cut-out design makes it easier to play higher frets.
- It is easy to carry and hold due to its light-weight.
- It comes with two picks, a strap, strings, and a bag.
- It offers you a complete one-year brand warranty.
- It cannot be played by left-handers
The Intern acoustic guitar is a 38-inch guitar and is medium in its size and affordable. Its target audience is mainly the younger generation. The guitar has a top-quality finish that you can expect from this price range.
The material is linden wood, which is famous for producing a decent quality of sound. It is exclusively made for younger players and beginners, and the cut-away design makes it easier for them to play the higher frets. Ebony wood is used in the making of the fretboard, which gives a bright and crisp sound quality.
- It weighs just 2.1 kg and which makes it easy for children to carry.
- It has glossy and detailed finishing.
- Its strings are tough enough and of high quality.
- The wood it is made of is of good quality and is durable.
- The truss rod is absent, and hence its tuning cannot be adjusted.
The Hendrix 38C acoustic guitar is definitely a lot more economical than all the other guitar brands in the market. If you are someone who wants to buy an acoustic guitar for their first buy, then this one is definitely worth your money. The guitar is short in size and is, therefore, easy for beginners to handle.
The strings of the guitar are made of stainless steel, the top and side of the guitar are made of basswood, and the fretboard, like every other budget guitar, is made of rosewood. It comes in various color such as Red, Natural, Sunburst as well as Black.
- The cost of the guitar is budget-friendly.
- It comes with “dual action” truss rods to control the neck.
- It also comes with die-cast tuners.
- The design is sleek and has a glossy finish.
- It comes with a full one year warranty.
- The strings are not very tough and lack durability.
It is yet another budget guitar and is very much similar to Intern, but the build quality of the Jixing acoustic guitar is very different. The body is made of linden wood like any other budget guitar, but the fretboard material is Maple, which is a departure from the usual rosewood.
Maple gives a resonating tone. Beginners can trust this guitar blindly as it is very affordable and can be played easily with just basic training. But this brand is mostly available online, so you will not find it in stores.
- The strings are of good quality.
- It comes with a full one year warranty from the manufacturer.
- It is portable, and it is very easy to handle.
- It offers you a very trendy and classic design.
- This brand is not certified by ISO.
This guitar is a little high up the budget line but is worth the buy. If you are a beginner and want to invest in a budget and quality acoustic guitar, then this is the right pick for you. The six strings of the Kadence acoustic guitar is made of stainless steel, and the material of the body is different from the usual linden wood as it is made of zebrawood.
The guitar also has a cut-away shape for people who want to play on the higher frets. The fretboard, as well as the bridge, is made of rosewood.
- The cut-away design helps in playing higher frets with comfortability.
- The top of the guitar is made of zebrawood.
- It also has decorative inlays.
- It is equipped with a two-band equalizer.
- It is strong, durable, and fantastic sound quality.
- The quality of the carry bag can be better.
This guitar is perfect for beginners or young kids and, more importantly, for people who want a cheap guitar that they can take with them while traveling. It is made of laminate woods and is an excellent choice for those who want to try out something before spending an extravagant amount of money.
We often see people buy an expensive guitar for their kids, and when they lose interest, the instrument just gathers dust. All the sides and back of the guitar are made of mahogany, and the top is made of linden wood.
- The price is much lower than the usual acoustic guitars.
- It is very easy and simple to play.
- It is travel friendly and easy to maintain.
- It is a trustworthy and well reputable brand.
- No accessories or carry bags are provided with it.
- It has no cut-away design.
Givson is a reputed brand, and the Givson Ketostics Venus Acoustic Guitar has a great look accompanied by an innovative as well as modern design, which helps in producing good quality sound. It is very affordable and is easier for beginners who want to learn how to play the guitar. All the materials used to make the body of the product are 100% genuine.
This guitar is also perfect for players who are right-handed. The guitar is 41 inches in size, which is slightly bigger than the usual ones. It has a cut-away design and has a dynamic quality of sound.
- The price of this guitar is quite reasonable.
- Its quality of sound is excellent.
- The look of the guitar is very trendy and stylish.
- It is the best guitar for amateurs and beginners.
- It is slightly larger and heavier than the usual budget guitars.
- It is not suitable for left-handed players.
Guitar Bro is one of the best guitars for beginners, and the major reason behind this is that it comes with its own self-learning mechanism. The body of the guitar is made of linden wood like all the other guitars, but the most significant advantage is that it comes with a learning kit that includes a songbook and video lectures.
The learning kit is for 30 days, and the demo is 20 minutes long. The online course is extremely beneficial as it teaches even basic things like holding a guitar or how to tune the guitar without a tuner. The guitar is acoustic and, at the same time, semi-acoustic. The strings are made of stainless steel, and it comes with online tutorials.
- It is suitable even for ten-year-old kids.
- It also has a free demo, and a learning kit is included.
- It comes with an easy learning guide.
- Its customer service is also excellent.
- The quality of packaging should be improved.
This guitar is one of the best out of all the F-series guitars from Yamaha. The strings are made in a way so that it is not harsh on your fingers. The shape of the body of the guitar is the traditional western style. The guitar is made in the Indian factory of Yamaha music.
The fingerboard is made of rosewood, and the top is made with spruce. It has a very fine lacquer finish, but it is challenging. It is a bit shorter in scale length, making it easier to play. The neck of the guitar is slightly shorter. It has a matte neck and side finish. The tone of the guitar is of true quality.
- It is one of the most reputable guitar brands.
- The sound quality is incredible.
- It is affordable and sturdy.
- It is equipped with a slim and short design, for ease.
- There is no cut-away design.
The style of this guitar is the famous dreadnought. The neck of the guitar is made of mahogany, which is the highlight of this guitar, and the fretboard is the usual rosewood. The top is made of laminated spruce, so it has a vibrating effect. It is an excellent guitar for beginners at a very affordable price.
And the company has also used the best hardware for the Epiphone Pro-1. String changes are easier with the help of the rosewood bridge. Epiphone is known for its vibrant and full sound, and this guitar embodies all those. The Epiphone Pro – 1 also comes in several vibrant shades, such as Wine Red, Blue burst, and Ebony.
- The playability of the Epiphone is great.
- Its neck and fretboard are designed for beginners’ convenience.
- It has fat frets and a short scale for comfort.
- But it has unevenly mounted tuners.
Buying Guide for the Best Guitar Brands
While buying a guitar, some factors should definitely be noticed, like the size and weight of the guitar, especially if you are buying it for beginners. The material of the guitar is also a very important thing, along with the overall design of the guitar and the quality of sound.
Size and Weight
Since this guide will be more helpful for young beginners, the size and weight of the guitar is an essential factor. The size should be within the range of 38 to 40 inches, and the weight should not be more than 2.1 or 2.3 kgs; otherwise, it will be challenging to learn.
The right material is an added advantage. It has been seen that a combination of spruce for the body of the guitar and rosewood for the fretboard generates an amazing sound quality. Mahogany and Lindenwood are also used in some guitars, which are as effective as spruce.
The cut-away design is very important because it helps the players to reach the higher frets. Also, the truss rod is an added quality since the lack of a truss rod will lead the neck of the guitar to bend due to temperature or humidity changes. If there is a truss rod, you can easily adjust the neck of the guitar even if it bends due to wear and tear.
Every guitar has its own distinct sound, and there is no fixed way to demarcate which sound is good and which is bad. The sound of the guitar depends upon the quality of the material it is built with. Even among cheaper options for beginner’s acoustic guitars, the sound quality of most of them is more or less decent and good.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Is an acoustic guitar harder to learn than a bass/electric guitar? Can 12-13-year-old children play an acoustic guitar?
This is a common assumption but is false. An acoustic guitar is as easy as an electric guitar. And it is all a matter of preference. If you want to learn the acoustic guitar because your favorite guitarist does, you would definitely want to purchase an acoustic guitar because it is affordable and accessible.
The list of acoustic guitars given above is all suitable for young kinds since the younger generation is usually the beginner. So, the size or the weight of the guitars has been decided by these brands keeping in mind that a large portion of the buyers would be young children who will not be able to handle heavy guitars like the electric or bass ones.
2) Should we buy guitars from stores or online websites?
You can buy from both as it depends on you. If you want to physically feel the guitar before spending the money, a physical store would be the best for you. But nowadays, in online shopping, there are options to return the product and get a full refund, so it is safer to buy from an online website too.
3) Are acoustic guitars durable?
Of course. Some guitars are made of spruce, and some are made of linden wood. Spruce, as well as Lindenwood, are very durable materials used in making an acoustic guitar. Mahogany is also used sometimes to make the body of the guitar. Mahogany produces a somewhat bright and warm tone, whereas spruce produces a dry tone with clear high notes.
4) If the strings tear, where would I get them again?
Most brands offer a fixed warranty period. If the string tears within that period, you are likely to get it replaced. If not, acoustic guitar strings are readily available on the internet at an affordable price.
Acoustic guitars are very affordable for beginners who are enthusiastic about learning a new instrument and even for professional guitarists who are looking to buy something affordable and travel friendly. But there are so many options and a massive number of brands claiming to offer the best guitar that you can easily get lost in a whirlwind of possibilities.
That is why we have prepared this list of the ten most affordable and quality acoustic guitars for you so that you can easily decide on your first guitar. This list covers different products with different prices, all of which are affordable but because one buyer’s preferences differ from the other. This list will help you in choosing the right acoustic guitar that matches your needs and requirements, your preferences, and also your budget. Once you get everything right, you are always good to go.